Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Live To Bless, Not To Impress

 We all have some of our most influential experiences during our childhood years.  However, we do not always recognize the impact that these have on us at the time.  I can only imagine how this experience must have changed the way this boy reacted in every situation for the rest of his life...
This video reminds me of countless lessons that I have learned while growing up as well. I'm eternally grateful to my Father in Heaven for providing me with those lessons because they have shaped me into who I am today. Just like this young boy had someone there to lead and guide him, we can have a member of the Godhead with us to help direct us as well; the Holy Ghost. It has been one of the greatest blessings of my life to have His spirit and guidance with me. It's my hope and prayer that we can all be an example of charity and service in our lives as we heed the promptings given to us by our loving Father in Heaven.  Someone once told me to "Live to bless, not to impress." That has forever changed my outlook and I hope that it will be a reminder to you as well that "...when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God." (Mosiah 2:17)

No comments:

Post a Comment