Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Easter Egg Hunt

Easter has always been one of my favorite holidays because of the excitement of our much anticipated easter egg hunts. I have carried that tradition on while serving my mission out here in New York, but it took on a slightly different meaning to me out here. While searching for the eggs that were hidden in our apartment I was reminded of an article I once read in the January issue of the Ensign called "I will be found of you." A link to this article is right here. "I will be found of you"
 
After playing this game of hide and seek many times I've noticed that it is often the most obvious eggs that can be the hardest. After pondering that interesting fact, I couldn't help but think of how many times in our lives we tend to make things more complicated than they need to be. Although our Father in Heaven is always there for us, we do need to seek out and find Him. This task is simple when we sit back and realize that we all know where to find Him. We know He is always found through prayer, He is always found when reading the Book of Mormon or the Bible, and He is found at church every week where we can go to worship Him. Satan will do all that he can to disguise and camouflage these places so that we won't think to look there. But I testify that our Father in Heaven and His Son, Jesus Christ are always waiting to be found. They are always found in the same places and will readily bless us and reward us for our diligent seeking.

Because of our Savior's performance of the atonement and overcoming death with the resurrection we all have something incredible to celebrate this Easter season. Jesus Christ lives and loves each and every one of us and can't wait for us to reach out and find Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment