Monday, April 4, 2011

Treasure In Heaven

Before I saw this video I had never heard of John Tanner before. He lived a life full of faith and didn't matter what it cost as long as he was part of the truth. Watch this video and I know that you too will feel the warmth of the Holy Ghost that I felt when I first saw it. I couldn't find the video anywhere besides BYUtv, so this link will send you there. 

BYUtv - Treasure In Heaven

John Tanner will forever be an example to me of a life truly lived in the service of our God. No sacrifice was too great, no trial too sore, for his faith never wavered in understanding his purpose. He went from extreme wealth to begging for food all in the cause of truth. In the world today it can be difficult to know which is the right path to take. Not only did John Tanner listen to the promptings of the Holy Ghost that whispered truth to his heart and his mind, but he did the part that often seems harder; he lived it. I'm not sure why this video touched me so deeply, perhaps it is because I know that it is true. But I believe that it is God's way of revealing to us a more faithful way to live. A call to develop the faith that will allow us to stand tall and press forward no matter the circumstance. As our great prophet Moroni said "for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith" (Ether 12:6) Only after having the faith to be healed was John healed. Only after living the faithful life he lived will John enjoy the blessings that await him in heaven. I pray that we can all follow this principle and develop the unshakable faith that we see in John Tanner. For then we will truly live a life worth living.

No comments:

Post a Comment