Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Thunder and Lightning

So the other day I was in my apartment getting ready for bed when I heard a loud crack of thunder. I've always loved thunderstorms so I put on my slippers and went out on the balcony to our apartment and sat down to watch the show. As I watched the lightning I realized that there were three evidences of lightning. The sound of thunder, the light from it, and finally seeing the lightning bolt itself.

As I sat there my thoughts turned to the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. I noticed that occasionally the clouds would hide the actual lightning bolt and that instead I would only see a flash of light and hear the sound of thunder. Other times I would simply hear the thunder. However, in every circumstance I realized that the original lightning bolt was just as real whether I could see it or not.

As I pondered that thought I realized that just because we can't see our Father in Heaven doesn't mean He is any less real. We can see His light through His Son Jesus Christ and we can both hear and feel His presence through the power of the Holy Ghost. Satan tries to confuse us by telling us that there isn't a God. But we can all know the truth by going straight to the source. By praying and talking to our Heavenly Father.

I testify that He is there even though we cannot see Him. We can both see the light of His love and feel the warmth of His heavenly touch. He lives, He loves us, and He is always there. He misses us so much and longs for us to 'call' back home by praying to Him. So don't let yourself forget to pray, I promise our loving Father in Heaven will encircle you in the arms of His love as you do so, because you are His child and He loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment